Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Welcome to My Travel Blog

Hello everyone! Welcome to my travel blog! As many of you know, this summer I will be traveling to Italy for study abroad at the Accademia Italiana, and then off to New York City for The Fashion Institute of Technology!  I'm writing under my design pseudonym, Kat DyLynne, for two reasons: first, to remain somewhat anonymous to the outside world, and secondly, it's just more fun! ;]

The purpose of my blog is first and foremost to share my experiences at Accademia Italiana in the Intensive Fashion Program with prospective students, as requested by the Purdue University Study Abroad Program.  In posting anecdotes, photos, and videos, I can give others an inside look at what they can expect should they choose to pack their bags for Florence as well.  Secondly, this blog gives my family and friends a chance to see what I'm up to while I'm away from home for so long -- I will continue writing after my study abroad program and through my year in The Big Apple.  I encourage everyone to comment as much as you wish; live vicariously through me until your heart is content!

I would like to thank the many offices and organizations for their continuous support and preparation for my time abroad, as well as their generosity in funding my education in Italy:

Purdue University
Purdue Office of Study Abroad
Arcadia University: The College of Global Studies
Accademia Italiana, Florence
My professors and advisers at Purdue
My parents and grandparents & all of my friends and family!

Without everyone's help and support, my experiences abroad would not be possible!  With just over three weeks until I board my plane, I'll be busy reviewing my art history knowledge, learning as much Italian as I can absorb, and constantly going over my packing list! (Psst...I am always open for advice!)

If you have a Google account, you can follow my posts by clicking the link to the right.  If you do not have a Google account, you can follow by e-mail updates, also linked to the right.  I will try to always post links to my updated posts through my Facebook page as well.

Stay in touch,
Katelynne E.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!