Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Things that Fashion Professors Say

This is only the end of the second day of classes here at FIT Spring Semester, but I feel like I'm two weeks in already.  We've got homework assignments due before the class even meets and my professors are expecting nothing less than the best.  Throughout these last few days I thought I would share some interesting quotes I managed to scribble down.  Although I think for privacy issues I have to keep the names unmentioned.

THE GOOD

"You want to find your own identity as a designer, know how you feel about things.  To become a designer you can't just make clothes; you can go home and just make clothes."
"This is a school for design, not plumbing."
If you already know what you want to do, it's because you've already seen it before."

THE BAD

"Oh, we're almost done...this is so easy for me." (Read: fashion gurus are cocky as hell).
"Your patterns should look like God made them."

THE UGLY

"If you even survive as a fashion designer..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!